6.25.2009

oh the joy of exercising.

Its amazing what being in a quilt shop can do to you when you are there all the time.
1. you do learn A LOT of useful stuff about quilting.
2. you realize that not everybody can choose matching colors.
3. you get to see cute little kids.
4. you get to clean up after those cute little kids.
5. you have really nice bosses.
6. you don't have a tan at all because oh.. you're inside all day.
7. you wash the windows as much as possible and like to be the one to take out the trash, just so you can get some sunshine on your skin.
8. you can confuse people by asking if i can help them, when they expected an old woman... not a 17 year old.
9. you get to learn how to work a cash register.
and 10.... you don't get ANY exercise.... which leads me to today.

Last night i was not feeling skinny... i don't know if it had to do with all the yummies at Hayley's reception (probably) but to be frank, i felt fat.
so as i was going to bed, I decided i'd get up a little earlier and exercise before work.
Then when my alarm clock went off at 7:15 i hit the snooze button.
7:20 ... another snooze.
finally at 7:25 i got up.
I pulled on the sports bra and went downstairs.
I decided to start off with some mild sit-ups.... after those my dad asked me if i was ok... He thought i was throwing up in the bathroom because of my grunts.
What a way to start off a morning work out.
But that didn't stop me, i did what felt like 500 jumping jacks, some crunches, about 3 push ups and after pilates and weights i was d o n e

But no, it does not stop there... to get a hot bod, you can't just exercise, you have to eat healthy too.
So when my little sis told me she was making coffee cake for breakfast.. i alm0st gave in.
...almost.
instead i made myself an omlette.
:) I'm so proud of myself.

2 comments:

lauren elizabeth said...

haha. good. i need to get some of that exercising done.

Katie Lane said...

you're so good. I ate just the top of the coffee cake, the good stuff. syd needs to chill it on the fattening breakfasts.