6.14.2009

Rain Dancing

Isn't the rain just great?

I've been lovin it lately.

Last night Alyssa, Audrey and I played in it... Sliding down grass hills.. running away from a boy with a bucket of water (even though we were already soaked and it wouldn't have made a difference)... seriously considering jumping in a pool, but couldn't because of those things called covers.

I remember when I went to North Carolina with Alexis and her family, it was pouring rain one night, so us girls (her sisters and cosins) went down to the tennis courts and had a rain dance. ... The rain dance kinda evolved into rolling around and even yoga and aerobics. : ) I even think our "friends" came down and danced with us.


Another rain memory was when my family and I went to Washington D.C. and New York. While visiting the White House we heard somebody say "Tut, tut... Looks like rain!" and literally 10 seconds later it started POURING. Thats the most rain i've ever seen in my life. We were drenched immediately and finally made it to the subway to get back to the hotel.

Also... I've always had this fantisy of being kissed in the rain... possibly here?....

Yeah... Romantic, I know.

Rain is just great.

3 comments:

Katie Lane said...

Adam and I kissed in the rain yesterday.
I love that picture of you and the Johnson's. I haven't seen it before. Alexis' face looks deformed and I love Alyssa's sass!!!
I remember being in DC. Did you take the subway or were you huddling in the door with me? I can't remember. I was wearing a skirt, and tennis shoes. wrong choice.

lauren elizabeth said...

Oh how presh, Katie.
Oh, rain is great, isn't it?

That really was great in DC. I was huddled in the door with you, Katie. That was crazy how we got so separated cuz you really couldn't be outside in the rain cuz it was so strong.

Holly Sparks said...

hmm.. i don't remember. i think i was huddled in the door for a little bit.. were there other humans there with us??.. i don't remember.