11.30.2009

Oh the advent calender.

That advent calender used to be pretty much the highlight of my December days growing up.
I realized today, when my mother gave me the job... no, the opportunity to stock the classic cubbies with a variety of candy.
I didn't realize until opening up the day 15 door how much has changed in my life.
If I was given this job, stocking the holes with treats, 8 years ago, it probably would have been a really big deal. I would have been the one that knew exactly what candy was coming next, I would have been able to keep all the gross candies out of the calender.
Then I realized,

I'm growing up. Even though part of me doesn't want to.
Part of me wants to stay 17... or back to the mystery of what is coming next in the candy calender days.
But then the other part looks at how much I have coming in the future.

The stress of college applications are over. I'm just not ready for the reality of it all to settle in once i start getting acceptance letters {or not...}.

Then it's moving out. I don't want other emotional girls to share rooms and bathrooms and a kitchen with... oh wait.

And dating... people date in college to get married... I'm sorry, but that is way too far in the future to have to deal with. maybe I'll just wear a traveling hat all the time. Seems to work for some people. :)

Maybe this December I'll revert back to my younger self and force myself to look forward to the next day just because that meant i got another treat from the calender... even if i already know what it is going to be.

1 comment:

lauren elizabeth said...

sure, blame it on the hat. I have been on a few dates here and there. . .